Epic fail on keeping the blog updated. More than 12 months since the last update?
This year I've got a handful of goals for the next 12 months and will be more successful than the last. Don't get me wrong; I was writing like a madman. Only my finished products were technical specifications, legal Statements of Work, Hiring Plans and various documents for my customers.
Not much fun for an entertaining read.
So, I'll try to keep it simple this year;
GOALS (trumpets, please)
1. Continue to write 1-2 short stories per month.
2. Actually submit the aforementioned short stories.
3. Read less overall. I need to explain that one. I'm a voracious reader. In 2013 I was averaging 2-3 novels per week. I fooled myself into thinking that it was "almost as good" as the act of writing. I realized that is similar to stating that watching a football game is "almost as good" as actually playing in the game.
4. Finally get around to reading some of Dante's work. Long overdue on my part.
5. Read 5-7 books on screenwriting. This seems to be consistent advice from writers I enjoy reading.
6. Complete a novel-length manuscript.
Oh, yeah. Since this is my blog I hereby declare I can drop whatever the hell I want in it. If you don't like it, tough beanardos!