- I'm still perplexed and profoundly disappointed by the 2016 elections ("выборы")
- The Day Job has exploded in urgency and scope
- Too many changes at home to allow time to work on the blog
- Twitter is more fun
But that's all BS. All true but still BS.
Fact is, given a choice between writing a short or working on a novel vs. updating a blog which is visited only on the most rare of occasions, I'll take the submittable work every time.
By way of catch up since my last post, February of 2017:
- I've beta read at least a dozen manuscripts
- Have submitted to at least four times as many publications
- Have cheered (and turned a slight twinge of green) as several of my more focused friends reach book deals.
- I've written around eight new pieces with varying degrees of success
- Still working on the same novel (mostly)
- Attended Paradise Lost (San Antonio, TX) and enjoyed it greatly
- Made a completely new and impressive circle of writerly friends in Chicago
- Acting as a juror for the 2018 Stoker Awards - though it feels more like slush-reading
- Took on a couple of new Patreons - to fuel my DeMedici fantasies
When I've got an hour to spare in the future, maybe I'll crank out quick blogpost to keep the saw sharpened.
But maybe not.