WARNING: May contain naughty language.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holy Crapnards! It Finally Happened.

I've been plinking away at the keyboard with intent (not just hope) to get something published for about two years. I'm fortunate enough to have a supportive family and an excellent (and very challenging) career to keep a roof over the aforementioned family. Very important detail to me. And them. But I've always been a writer whether I want to admit it myself or not.

Something AMAZING happened on Sunday morning.

I checked my email and found an actual response from an editor; somebody I'd sent an 8,000 word manuscript to who was suckered impressed by the story I told. They want to publish it in an upcoming anthology. And they'll give me some $$$ for it; not enough to retire on. Truth be said, barely enough to cover one month of cable bills. But finally! Professional work.

I checked out the contract and it seems pretty straight-forward. No lifetime rights, no exorbitant demands, and no draconian statutes. I'm in.

Assuming the publication timeline is correct I'm optimistic the book will be available in trade paperback and e-book editions sometime this spring.

WOOT for me!

More updates later in the week. Today I'm going to celebrate with a 12 pack of PBR, Milwaukee's Best or Keystone; whichever is cheapest...

No comments:

Post a Comment